Spring has sprung, leaves are popping out, flowers in bloom, fresh air flows in through open windows, we love it!
How do we get our skin ready for Spring as well? Here are a few tips to help us get our skin in gear for the great outdoors.
- Scrub away dead skin cells and get smooth, glowing healthy skin in just 10 minutes. Use a loofah or mesh scrub with your ANBIA® soap of choice in the shower and massage into the skin using circular movements to exfoliate and reveal a more youthful skin. This method will reduce the appearance of fine lines, blemishes, and uneven skin tone, leaving your skin feeling fresh and new.
- Change your bar soap or shower wash and refresh yourself after those long winter months with a citrus scent like our Tropical Punch bar soap or our Tangelo Glow shower wash, or if you prefer a floral scent then our Flower Power bar soap is for you or our Juniper Joy shower wash is ideal for Spring.
- After months of boots, your feet are begging for attention. Get a pedicure, choose a professional pedicurist to incorporate your toenails and to remove the calluses then choose a cool pastel color nail polish for those cute toes.
- Your hair also needs attention, make an appointment at the hair salon, get your hair trimmed even try a new look, fresh highlights or a new hair color. Be sure to ask your stylist for a moisturizing treatment now that you’ll be outdoors more often.
- Drink more water and keep yourself hydrated; your skin will thank you. Water also helps your body transport the necessary nutrients to keep you healthy and energized. Reusable bottles are great at home or on the go plus it cuts down on plastic waste.
- Incorporate a light sunscreen SPF30 or higher into your face routine, don’t forget arms and legs so that you’re always covered as you spend more time outdoors.
- Try lighter tones or natural makeup now that Spring is here as your skin can now breathe in the fresh air after winter’s long confinement.
- Keep your skin moisturized, it’s important to your overall body and gives a boost to a more youthful-looking complexion. Try using a natural alternative like coconut oil to moisturize your skin at night. Remember to cleanse, tone then moisturize. Be good to yourself.
- Let’s not forget exercise! Exercising on a regular basis offers so many regularly physical, emotional and social health benefits. Start by going on a 20-minute walk then gradually increase your pace and time. Remember to warm up before you start and then stretch when you’re done.
- Have some fun, nothing will get you feeling more beautiful than a great day outdoors with friends or family. Go outside and enjoy the warm weather; it will keep you healthy and put a smile on your face – what’s more, beautiful than that?