As the leaves start falling, we know it’s time to say goodbye to summer and embrace the lower temperatures, bright colors and pumpkin spice lattes. As the new season begins, some refreshing changes come with it. It’s time to leave the ice cream and the snow cones aside and go back to working on one’s physical and mental health. After all, Fall is the perfect season for getting it back together and enjoying that feeling of accomplishment.
Remember that one summer morning you went out for a run only to come back home after 30 minutes feeling as if you were about to pass out? With the temperature going down, Fall is that second chance to work on feeling great about yourself again. Just put on that colorful outfit you love and your favorite running shoes and go outside to boost your morning while getting some fresh air and enjoying the falling leaves and the beautiful colors.
As a matter of fact, the American Council on Exercise strongly recommends working outdoors for five different reasons. These are:
- Improves mood and reduces depression.
- Enhances self-esteem.
- Lowers gym cost.
- Provides access to the outdoors.
- Connects with Mother Nature.
With this being said, what better season is there to get back in touch with nature than the Fall season when it’s neither too warm nor too cold?
Additionally, to being active, mindful eating is also part of staying healthy this Fall. As we all know, this season translates to apples and pumpkins and lots of spice. But what about everything you can make out of them? This season is the perfect time for having friends and family over and spending quality time trying out different recipes—from the simplest to the most daring ones. Or just go to your local coffee shop with your best friend and get that new pumpkin spice beverage.
We want you to feel good, but we also want you to look good. Because of this, we want to remind you not to forget about your skincare routine. Take advantage of the lower temperatures, which make it easier for your skin to look fresh and glowing, and transition your skin-care routine from summer to fall with the following tips provided by ANBIA®:
- Exfoliate daily with our certified organic bar soaps.
- Keep your skin hydrated and nourished: Honey is a natural moisturizer and scrub. It also brightens dull, damaged skin from the summer and unclogs skin pores. Our Simply Sweet oatmeal bar soap is ideal for this.
- Also, coconut is a powerful antioxidant and moisturizer, which prevents acne and removes excess oils. You can try ANBIA® Coco Loco oatmeal soap in its three varieties.
- Continue using sunscreen: Just because it’s not as warm and sunny outside anymore doesn’t mean that your skin doesn’t need protection from the UV radiation. Sunscreen should always be used to protect the skin from harsh sun rays.
Allure also recommends to:
- Try a thicker moisturizer: Moisturizers are a mix of natural and non-natural ingredients that protect your skin, keeping it soft and hydrated. By trying a thicker one—this means one with a higher oil content—you will be protecting your skin from getting dry.
- Add a body lotion to the mix: As the summer goes away, so does the humidity. As a result, it is normal for the skin to start feeling itchy and dry. Because of this, adding a body lotion to your skin-care routine will keep you feeling fresh and smooth.
Sticking to this routine of making time within your own schedule to go outside and let go of stress will boost your happiness. Having fun trying out different foods and beverages available for the Fall season will make your experience more enjoyable. Simultaneously, sticking to a skin-care routine and following these tips will make your skin look fresh and young. After all, a beautiful body is the reflection of a healthy one.